The kids are good and so are the grandkids. I’m waiting on my editor to get A Shadow of Time back to me for final revisions. I will be so happy to see this book published so I can move on to Redemption. A fellow author/friend did a ten things you didn’t know about me blog that I thought was cute. I tried to think of ten things interesting about me, but I had a reall hard time coming up with any. So here goes:
1. In 1980 my husband was stabbed when he walked blindly into a gang fight.
2. My husband is my best friend. Probably because I learned young how fragile life is.
3.I wait on my husband. It drives my friends’nuts. No comments best friends.
4. My other best friends are: Mary Lou Johnson, Debi Marzonline, and Karen Carroll. And my kids, Shannon, Dennis, and Ryan. Then there’s my mother-in-law, my high school pals, and I could go on and on.
5. I like chocolate, but everyone knows that.
6. I have two dogs, Chelsea a very old pit bull/lab and Gus, a tenacious terrier.
7. I live in the mountains and have a herd of deer that live in my back yard. I feed them vegetables, but have been known to give them Doritos on occasion.
8. I have Crohn’s which sucks, but hey, it could be worse. I have discovered that I hate hospitals.
9. I LOVE to clean my house. Which is really weird. When friends and family get sick I rush right over
to clean. Just ask Debi and Karen. Mary never got sick. My other friend Camille was busy dancing her butt off in San Francisco. She was our claim to fame as she walked the stage in Beach Blanket
10. I don’t have a sharp knife in the house.
11. I love to play chess with my 9 year-old grandson. Who knew I’d have a grandson that liked chess?
12. I love to watch my other grandsons play ball—baseball and football.
13. I once had a bird named Bubba. He was awesome. He’d sit on my shoulder and follow me around the house. He was one great bird. Eh, I still miss him.
14. Rufus was our rather remarkable dog. He lived for almost 19 years. He sat in trees, amazing our
friends and neighbors. I always figured—to each his own.
15. I’m a Libertarian. Used to be a Republican. However, I’m not a Ron Paul supporter. His foreign policy opinion bothers me.
So there are 15. Dang, I should blog while cooking dinner more often. Hopefully, I’ll have Shadow back next week from the editor or I’ve finished my latest advance copy. Maybe both—that’ll keep me busy and give me fodder for next week’s blog.